Youth Empowerment Training in Lame Deer June 28-29
June 1, 2016
Living Independently for Today & Tomorrow (LIFTT) is pleased to offer a two session training on independent living skills and youth empowerment on June 28 & 29 from noon to 4 p.m. at the Tribal Building (600 S. Cheyenne Ave) in Lame Deer.
The two day training is for youth ages 14-21 and will provide participants with information regarding:
- Setting and attaining goals
- Problem solving
- Choice and decision making
- Self-advocacy, safety, and risk taking skills
- Disability awareness and acceptance
- Self-determination and leadership skills
- Understanding and access to assistive technology
- Self-disclosure of disability and requesting reasonable accommodations
- Positive thinking, efficacy, and expectations
There is no cost to participants for this training. Food and Beverages will be provided.
For more information or to register please contact: Brent Morris, (406) 294-5189 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please register by June 17!
Download the event flyer: Lame Deer Independent Living Youth Empowerment Training June 2016 (Adobe PDF)
Lame Deer Independent Living Youth Empowerment Training June 2016 (Microsoft Word)