Information and Referral
Information and Referral is one of the core services offered by LIFTT.
It is a primary means to promoting consumer empowerment and supports an individual’s capacity for self-reliance and self-determination.
It provides education, affirmation, collaborative planning, and problem solving. It also provides a road map for navigating complex and confusing systems.
I&R Core Service: The Human Approach – The First Point of Entry
Consumers contact I&R Specialist for:
- Programs and services offered by their CIL
- Independent Living Skills
- Peer Support
- Resources offered within the community
- Financial Assistance
Independent Living Specialists are involved with:
- Prioritizing Responses
- Consider consumer’s needs
- Look at their deadlines
- What resources are available at that moment?
- Is there another team member who can assist?
To contact an IL Specialist please call (406) 259-5181
For more information about using, or obtaining our services call (406) 259-5181 or (800) 669-6319.